We’ll continue our study of truth telling. Please re-read the book of Esther for next week’s lesson. It’s only a few pages long and it is easy reading. It’s a great drama, too – with sinister plots and beautiful women and kings and all of that jazz.
As you read, think on these things:
- Who in this story is lying?
- Who is telling the truth?
- What is the price for telling the truth?
- What is the reward for telling the truth?
- What does this story have to say about what allegiance a Christian may properly give to the state or government?
- What does this story say about what allegiance a Christian may not give to any state or government?